Shield Security v6.5 for WordPress released 5th March, 2018.
This release sees improvements to the new Plugins and Themes Guard released in the previous version, as well as various bug fixes and general plugin improvements.
Improvements to the Plugins and Themes Guard
The new WordPress Plugins and Themes Guard released in version 6.4 added much-need protection for code injections into WordPress plugins.
But there was one scenario it didn’t handle as gracefully as we’d like.
The scanner ignored the case where the plugin/theme was entirely removed (or the folder was renamed). It’s obviously a serious event on a site when an active plugin “disappears” so we needed to account for it.
The Guard will now clearly warn you of the problem that a plugin appears to be missing (see screenshot).
As well as this, a couple of smaller bugs with the scanner have been fixed in this release.
Other Shield Improvements
We made the following improvements/fixes to the Shield plugin in this release:
- When a request is sent to the WordPress XML-RPC system and you’ve disabled it within Shield, it’ll now trigger the IP Blacklist transgressions counter.
- When automatically blacklisting an IP address, Shield will try to determine the server’s public IP address and not trigger a blacklist transgression. This is useful for site/server configurations that aren’t configured correctly for visitor IP detection.
- Added support for the use of the WooCommerce Social Login plugin – 2 Factor Authentication will be ignore if the user logs in using this plugin.
- Fixed: The Audit Trail automatically cleaning wasn’t working correctly for all sites.
Coming in Shield version 6.6+
We’re bringing some great new features in the next couple of versions.
These will include:
- White Labelling for the entire Shield Security plugin – you can brand the security plugin exactly how you’d like it.
- Password policies – you’ll be able to set minimum length, strength and password auto-expiration.
As always, if you have feedback on any of this, or suggestions for improvements and features, please let us know in the comments below.
Excellent addition for wordpress security
This little plugin works wonders. I would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone looking to protect against Bots/BruteForce attacks. SimpleFirewall also has other options I’m not listing here that protect against other instances and enhance protection. Jack Nance
Отличный инструмент для защиты сайта.
This plugin works great in regards to the plugin options that I have chosen! I think the developers really have built there plugin on good and sound security principles and policies when it comes to effective website protection. Thanks guys and keep up with the good work!
Very good plugin
Efficient plugin for a free plugin, it remains to go pro to benefit from all the tools. It can be difficult to understand at the start, but if you look at the documentation carefully, you understand. Please do not change the interface too often. Good continuation
Hey there handsome! Do you like what you've read here? :)
If this cool feature is something you'd like, but you haven't gone PRO yet, click here to get started today. (no risk, with a 14-day satisfaction guarantee!)
You'll get all PRO features, including Malware Scanning, WP Config Protection, Plugin FileGuard, import/export, customer support, and so much more. Not only that, you'll get that warm, fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting our work and future development.