Refund & Pricing Policy
We believe in the power and security protection that Shield Security delivers to WordPress websites, and we stand behind it.
We’re confident that when you upgrade to ShieldPRO you’ll be delighted with it.
We offer a no-risk refund guarantee, so that if at any point within the first 14 days of opening your premium account with us, you decide that ShieldPRO isn’t for you, then you can simply request a refund and you’ll get it straight away.
When a refund is issued, your ShieldPRO subscription will be cancelled, and your premium plugin status revoked.
There are a couple of exceptions, where refunds wont be issued:
- Shield Security Support plan
If you’ve sent at least 1 ticket to our support team and received a reply, refunds will no longer be available for purchases of the Shield Support plan.
- License renewals
We always send out 2x automatic renewal reminders to your registered email address, 14 days and 1 day prior to renewal.
It is also your responsibility to ensure your registered email address is current and valid.
- 14-Day Trial Demo
Refunds are not available for the demo/trial version of ShieldPRO
Policies for Discounts and Renewals
From time to time you may see discounts available for some of our premium services.
The following restrictions apply:
- Discounts are only ever applied to the first billing period and aren’t applicable to renewals.
- Discounts, unless otherwise stated, are single-use per customer.
- If you make a purchases without a discount and within 24hrs of this purchase a public available discount is released, you may request a partial refund of the difference. (this doesn’t apply to Black Friday discounts).
Grandfather Pricing Policy
From time to time our public pricing may change.
We promise to never increase your active subscription cost even when the public pricing increases for whicever plan you have previously purchased.
This is called “grandfather” pricing – the pricing for your current plan will never change.
However, we reserve the right to refuse grandfathered pricing to customers when:
- they cancel their subscription and fail to renew it within 30 days of expiration.