This Agreement contains the complete terms and conditions that apply to you becoming an affiliate in Shield Security’s Affiliate Program.
We value our affiliates and we do our best to treat you with fairness and respect and request the same consideration in return.
When filling out the application you will need to provide accurate, current and complete information, and you will keep such information up to date. Participation in Shield Security’s Affiliate Program is to legally advertise our website to receive commission on referral customers. We reserve the right to reject any affiliate application for any reason, including, without limitation, if, in our opinion, that person or entity violates established laws or commonly held standards of decency. For example, we will reject applications from any person or company that promotes any form of violence, illegal activities, or from applicants we prefer not to be associated with.
If your Affiliate Application is accepted, you’ll be given a unique referral ID that you can use to promote Shield Security via referral links.
Commissions And Payouts
You’ll earn a 15% of the tax-exclusive sale price as a commission when a customer purchases a new ShieldPRO license subscription using your referral link.
We payout referral payment at a minimum of £50, or the approximate equivalent in other currencies.
Here are a couple of examples of earnings:
- Protect 1 plan sells for $29 – you would earn $4.35 (each renewal/year)
- Protect 3 plan sells for $36 – you would earn $5.40 (each renewal/year)
Commissions are paid out within the first fifteen (15) business days of each calendar month. As we have a 30-day money back guarantee, we only pay commissions that are older than 30 days. The minimum payout balance is £50, or equivalent.
Here are the details of our program in summary:
- To register as an affiliate you must have an active ShieldPRO license that you own (i.e. you may not use a client’s ShieldPRO license)
- You must have held that license for 31+ days
- You’ll receive 15% commission for every new sale you refer
- Minimum payout balance of £50, and no maximum payout
- Commissions older than 30 days will be paid within the first 15 days of each month
- Referrals are paid out to your registered PayPal account – please ensure this is registered correctly.
- Referrals cannot be generated on your own purchases (this includes using a different email address).
Referral Cookie Lifetime
A cookie is stored in the browser of the potential customer when a website affiliate link is used. This cookie lasts a predetermined length of time as configured under the Account Affiliates page (the cookie lifetime).
We offer a cookie lifetime of 30 days. This gives your referred customers time to decide if they wish to purchase ShieldPRO license, or ask us any pre-sale questions they may have.
Should a referred customer purchases a product within this period of time then the Affiliate will be credited their percentage of the sale. Should another affiliate use a website link to the same product or website, then the clock is reset with the new affiliates details and the old affiliate will no longer receive a commission for the sale.
If a sale occurs after the time period (30 days), then the cookie will have expired and the Affiliate will not be credited with their referral fee.
Direct Link Tracking
For the purposes of this Agreement, “Link(s)” means the code that we make available to Affiliate that is used for linking from their website to web pages on Shield Security, and may include banners, text, search boxes, buttons, or other graphics.
Affiliates can only post Links approved by us.
Affiliate should not modify the Links in any way. We will not be responsible for errors that occur in the tracking of transactions if Affiliate has made or caused any such modification.
Affiliates may use Links within emails that Affiliate sends to registered users of the Affiliate Website. Emails making reference to Shield Security, that include Links, or that concern any other aspect of the Program, may be sent only to individuals who have elected to receive such emails. “Spamming,” including the sending of unsolicited electronic communications, will not be tolerated and may lead to termination of this Agreement. You will not be entitled to any referral fees generated through spamming tactics.
Referrals older than 30 days will be included with each commission payout.
We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions, for example
- If a transaction incurs a charge-back or refund, even after our 30 days refund policy; or
- if an online transaction is not completed in any way; or
- if we have reason to believe a transaction is fraudulent; or
- there is a violation of any term of this Agreement in our reasonable discretion.
We will not award commissions for any transactions that violate this Agreement or we feel undermine the spirit of our program.
If a commission has already been paid that has been deemed to be rejected after the fact, then it will be deducted from an active Affiliate’s future commissions.
Affiliate Application Rejection
After you sign up for our Affiliate Program, we will evaluate your application and notify you if the application is accepted or rejected.
We may reject Affiliate’s application for any reason.
Below are just a few reasons why an application may be rejected (this is not an exhaustive list):
- If you apply to become an affiliate and it has been less than 30 days since you purchased an extension license, your application may be rejected.
- Affiliate applications for websites that sell, advertise or engage in pornography, phishing scams, spamming, or illegal business practices.
- Incorporate any materials which infringe or assist others to infringe on any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights or to violate the law.
- Make representations through code, designs, imagery, video, text or otherwise that makes your website resemble the Shield Security website in a manner which leads customers to believe you are the Shield Security website, business or a legal representative of Shield Security in any way.
- Offer rebates, coupons, or other form of promised kickbacks from your commission as an incentive. Adding bonuses or bundling other products with Shield Security, however, is acceptable, if prior permission is received from us.
- Generate pop-ups, pop-unders, iframes, frames, or any other seen or unseen actions that set affiliate cookies. Affiliate Program links must direct users to the Shield Security website.
- Use any online marketing campaigns that target and compete with our search keywords, such as Google Adwords or Facebook Ads.
The following types of websites are not permitted to become an affiliate:
- Adult content websites
- Violent, obscene, defamatory, libelous, slanderous and/or unlawful content websites.
- Hate speech websites, whether directed at an individual or a group.
- Websites that promote politically religious agendas and/or any known associations with hate, criminal and other inappropriate activities.
- Hacking or cracking websites.
- Websites that contain software downloads that potentially enable diversions of commission from other affiliates in our program.
Affiliate applications for inappropriate websites will be rejected, and we reserve the right to choose whether or not to provide a rejection reason.
Questions Regarding Your Application
We may email you at the email address you have supplied during your signing up process. This may be because we didn’t understand something in your application, or if we need a little more details about you.
If we reach out to you and we haven’t heard back within 7 days, your application may be rejected. If your initial application is rejected, you are welcome to reapply to become an affiliate and provide us with more detail for reconsideration.
Inactive/Abandoned Affiliate Accounts
Your Affiliate Account will be temporarily deactivated from our system after a 6 month period of inactivity.
But, we want to help you continue in your promotion of Shield Security and earn rewards. If we can help you come up with ideas on how to promote Shield Security and earn more, please feel free to let us know. We’d be happy to hear from you!
Shield Security Affiliate Program Promotional Policies
Here, we’re going to outline the allowed and prohibited Shield Security promotional methods.
Allowed Promotional Methods
Our Affiliate Program is a great way to earn recurring payments. We are happy to share with you these helpful techniques to assist you in promoting Shield Security online.
There are a number of ways to promote Shield Security and in order to be successful at it and get more referrals, you can try these techniques:
- Write posts or blogs about Shield Security and share and link them on social media. Keeping up with social media can help you campaign even better in the long run.
- Tell everyone (your clients, customers or friends) about Shield Security, and give them your affiliate referral link.
- If you are not camera-shy, you can create short videos and then share through social media to further promote/spread the word about Shield Security.
- Stay active, provide related questions on other websites with helpful responses, and use your referral link in your replies.
Prohibited Promotional Methods
While you are free to market Shield Security, the promotion could be perceived to the public as a joint effort. Please be aware that certain forms of promotion are prohibited by us.
Affiliates are prohibited from taking any action that could be considered impersonating us or violating our intellectual property rights in order to earn commissions or referral fees. This explicitly includes, but in no way is limited to, purchasing keyword advertisements and impersonating us in such advertisements.
Please keep in mind that the prohibited promotional methods are here to protect you, and us, and our customers from any inappropriate or fraudulent activity, which is something we take very seriously.
These are just a few things that you should avoid doing
You should not bid on or use phrases, such as Shield Security Coupon(s), Shield Security Discount(s) or other phrases implying coupons are available. Any misspellings of our brand name in combination with coupon/deal/discount or any synonyms or similar alterations of these words are also strictly prohibited.
- Paid advertising
Buying ads through services like Google AdWords, social ads, or retargeting ads and using our brand keywords and your affiliate link is strictly prohibited.
And type of spamming, links, ads, emails, comments… any type of spam including sending unsolicited electronic communications, will not be tolerated and may lead to termination of this Agreement. You will not be entitled to any referral fees generated through spamming tactics.
- Illegal or offensive activity
- You should not use our Affiliate Program for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Program, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- We reserve the right to disqualify referral fees earned through fraudulent, illegal, or overly aggressive, questionable sales or marketing methods.
- You should not use Shield Security brand or Affiliate Program in a manner that is disparaging or that otherwise portrays us in a negative light.
- Employee rights
Please understand that Affiliates are partners, and not employees of Shield Security, and have no employee rights.
- Ad copy, landing page copy
Use of our brand in ad copy text or in the display URL is not allowed. We are prohibiting brand use false advertising or any claim that shows us in a false or misleading light.
- Website cloning
Copying legitimate Shield Security website and content to mislead honest prospects, confusing your referral customers and directing traffic towards the wrong website, where conversions finally take place is prohibited.
- Fake clicks or referrals
Using scripts or software that imitate human behavior, and generate false clicks is prohibited.
- Using Shield Security name
- Shield Security name cannot be used as a part of an Affiliate’s website domain name, blog, Facebook account, YouTube channel, Twitter username or any URL associated with the affiliate account.
- Registering variations of our domain name to lure unaware referrers, and then signing up all those variations for affiliate program is prohibited.
Consequences of prohibited promotional methods
If you use any of the prohibited promotional methods, your Affiliate Account will be removed and any referrals will be immediately rejected.
Note: If you’re unsure or concerned that some promotional activity may be considered prohibited, please reach out to us and check. We’re happy to chat about it.
Affiliate News And Updates
We might choose to replace these terms and conditions entirely if, for example, the Affiliate Program changes, or ends. If we update or replace the terms we will let you know by email.
If you don’t agree to the update or replacement, you can choose to terminate this Agreement.
We also periodically send news and updates that are free and valuable for you. This can help you to effectively promote Shield Security.
Important Points To Note
Please take your time to carefully read this Affiliate Agreement before proceeding with your application. By completing your application, you indicate the acceptance of this Agreement which is a precursor for your acceptance into the Shield Security Affiliate Program.
We reserve the right to update and change the terms and conditions from time to time without notice.
Any violation of these terms and conditions may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your rights to be an Affiliate and forfeiture of any outstanding affiliate referral fee payments earned during the violation.
We appreciate your involvement in our Affiliate Program.
If you have any questions pertaining to these terms and conditions, or the Shield Security Affiliate Program in general, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
We look forward to working with you,
The Shield Security Team